Friday, August 14, 2026

More playing with one of the ideas

 I’ve done some more playing with the design with the single Raven.

Here’s an updated sketch. I’ve added a tear to the Raven and found an image of a pocket watch to copy and paste into the  sketch. I wanted it very large to fit the surreal theme. Plus that would make it easier to create in the quilt.


I wanted to make the background darker so I edited that in a photo app called Art Studio. I also added the moon in the vortex.


I wondered what it would look like with Roman numerals, a more realistic moon, and more blue gray. I found a pocket watch and moon to copy and paste into the image. I turned it blue gray in photo editor on iPad. 

Maybe some gold eyes?


So there’s a lot to think about here. A lot of this depends on what fabrics I have. 

Is this surreal? Am I moving in the right direction? 

Today I have to work on my sister’s gift.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

1 comment:

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.