Did you think my obsessing about this surreal piece was done? I wondered what would happen if I combined the 2 ideas.
![]() |
| First idea |
![]() |
| Second idea |
With a lot of tweaking I got this for the combined image. The woman in the tree is still there and the color scheme is still blue gray. Surreal images should have something unexpected. The unexpected elements are the house in her head and the reflection that is old and has its eyes shut. I did a bit more research on surreal art this time before creating this image. If I make it the size will be 24 by 30.
Any comments? This is it on this for a while….I hope.
I finished my sister’s gift. Shipping it today.
I think I will be teaching a class on making an original gnome next fall at the local art alliance. The potential title will be….
Character & Form in Soft Sculpture: The Art of the Storybook Gnome
You can see my gnomes here. https://chrissquiltinguniverse.blogspot.com/2025/02/last-gnome-coming-up.html
The class will be all hand stitching. The materials will be wool felt, wool roving, fur, stuffing.
Thanks for reading.
Chris




No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.