Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Ornament I Did Not Stuff..the Tradition Continues

After making 3 stuffed ornaments for my daughter for the years 1989, 1990 and 1991, I needed an easy ornament for 1992. I was running out of time and had tried to make a snowman that turned out to be a failure. At this point I do not recall what happened that it was a failure...I think it had something to do with the hat, but I am not sure. I know I was not happy with it so I had to move to an alternate ornament very quickly. So I decided to make a stocking. I do not have a record of when I finished it, but I suspect that it probably was on Christmas Eve. At the time I remember thinking that in making the stocking that I was taking the easy way out. I guess I should not have felt that way, but not making the stuffed ornament did bother me and made me feel guilty at the time. Of course as I look at the ornament now I don't feel that way at all. The ornament is 5 inches long and all the blanket stitching has been done by hand. I think an entire tree of stocking ornaments in different colors would be a great way to decorate a tree.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.