Friday, September 14, 2012

Friday Update

I have a couple of things going on this Friday.  On my design wall is a finished quilt top. This is a lap quilt for my daughter. I guess this is my first modern style quilt. I know that it looks crooked in the photo, but that’s just because I can never seem to position my camera in the exact center of the quilt to take the photo and I always end up with distortion. I guess I need a class on taking photos of quilts or I need a tripod.

I am also getting ready for a class that I am taking with Gloria Loughman tomorrow at the Philly quilt expo. Here are my fabrics.  I had some from my stash, but last week I had to go to the quilt store to get some. Have you seen the price of cotton fabric these days???? YIKES! I am going for a blue-green and red-orange color scheme. I am really looking forward to the quilt show and this class. I hope some of Gloria’s quilts are shown at the show since what she does is amazing.

Here is another quilt top that I made this summer in an online class with Ellen Lindner called Double Reverse Appliqué. This one is about 12 inches by 12 inches and I have to decide if I am going to add a border to it.

 

Will let you know how my class was next week. Thanks for reading.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. I really like the quilt top. The fabrics you have for your class are beautiful together. I know you will have fun.
    NancyB in AZ

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.