The first thing we dyed was a gray gradation. I was really pleased with my results.
Then we had to make a monochromatic quilt with these fabrics. I chose to do a forest scene with trees and shadows. I am at the point where I will be sewing down the fabrics and then quilting it. What I liked about doing this quilt was that I only had a few fabrics to work with. Usually I am tearing apart my sewing room looking for the "perfect" fabric to use. This time I only had 8 fabrics to use. This was so much better than the usual fabric hunt that creates a huge mess in my sewing room. The quilt is 16 inches by 20 inches.
Of course this is from Lesson 1. We are now on Lesson 4 in the class so I am a bit behind. I have dyed some more fabric. I decided to create an analogous color scheme of yellow-green, green, blue-green, and blue. Since I took this photo I have dyed some lighter fabrics to add to this mix.
Thanks for reading....back to more dyeing!