I am taking Quilter’s Palette and did some dyeing of cottons today. Seems that every teacher has a different way of doing it. I guess I have to find what works best for me.
I did have some issues with red specks on the fabric. The red dye was not dissolved like it needed to be. I still like the fabrics and they will be great in my quilts, but they did not come out like they should have. I was thinking of adding a little urea to the water to soften it a bit to see if that helps. Urea was added in a different class I took. If this does not help I guess I will have to strain it though some panty hose as suggested in this class. Will have to buy that when I shop this week.
Tomorrow I have to dye some more, go to the quilt store for some fusible web, and work on my challenge quilt. Lots to do!
Thanks for reading.