Monday, November 23, 2015

The arts and crafts show

Well the show is over and it was a lot of fun. People were pretty blown away by my quilts and were amazed that they were quilts. So it was an educational experience for them to be introduced to art quilts. Unfortunately I did not sell anything which was not a big surprise.

I did add a tab at the top of the blog of quilts for sale in case you are interested.

The quilt that got the most attention was my cardinal quilt, Midwinter Visitor. This is what I expected.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

People loved my landscape (Orange Sky at Night) and church quilt (Spiritual Sanctuary) a lot as well.

Forest Cathedral got a lot of attention.

What surprised my is how many people liked my energy series. I guess I need to make the anti fracking quilt to add to the series! In fact one person commented that it was my best work.

The questions most asked by people is how did you do this, how do you get your ideas, and how long does it take?

Now for the funny part of the show….

Remember the framed daisy quilt that I donated for a raffle to benefit the food pantry? I mentioned it in my last blog. Well guess who won it? My husband! So we still have it!  My husband was thrilled that we are keeping it. I am still chuckling about it. And a lot of people bought chances on it. It was not like that time I won a kitty in a raffle in HS because I was pretty much the only one that bought a chance.

Will I do it again? Not sure. Maybe one more time. I thought about making smaller, cheaper pieces to sell, but decided against that. I think I will just continue to make what I want to make.

Thanks for reading

Chris

1 comment:

  1. Glad it was a good show even though you didn't sell anything. Public education is a Good Thing! It would seem that daisy piece was meant to live with you all along! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.