Tuesday, April 19, 2016

How's the quilting going? SLOWLY...VERY SLOWLY


I think I forgot how slowly hand quilting goes. I think I have about 2 houses out of 25 done!  I find my vision is not as good as it used to be. Also my wrist hurts a bit after quilting. So both of those are slowing me down. I do like the Dream poly batting though.










I decided to do very simple 1/4 inch outline quilting so that the quilted cats would not get lost. Of course I have second guessed this as I usually second guess everything I do.













There is a quilted cat on the roof of this house. Of course you are asking what cat????














I had to take the photo with a macro setting and without the flash so the cat would be visible in the photo. I am going to quilt a cat for every house, but think for most of them I will quilt them on the darker fabric so they are more visible. Right now I have 3 different cat silhouettes, but might need to draw a few more.







Thanks for reading.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. I like the simple quilting - less is often more especially with hand quilting. Love the heart over the door & the cat on the is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cat looks darling... yes it's hard to see but all the more interesting because of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.