Friday, April 22, 2016

New quilt

I am now going to start working on the pixel quilt shown here.



I had the fabric for it printed for it at Spoonflower. They want you to wash and dry the fabric when you receive it and before you use it. The only trouble with that is that now the blocks are not square any more. So I decided to cut the squares apart to square them up.








These are the blocks cut so far. They are just randomly placed on the design wall and not in the order of the pixel "sketch" above.  I just wanted to see how they looked.













Linking to Nina-Marie. Looks like she is working on her quilt for the blog hop.

Thanks for reading.
Chris

3 comments:

  1. You are reminding me that I have some pixalations lurking in my photo files too. A whole different direction waiting to be explored! Too bad the washing threw the blocks off kilter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, I think most fabrics get off kilter when washed and dried. Usually you have to square the fabric before cutting strips. Usually doing that is not a problem. I could not do that here. Some of the blocks printed really dark and were right next to each other. So I would have to rearrange them anyways which would be cutting them apart. So no big deal. I think the end result will be good. Also today I bought purple cherrywood fabrics today since they had them on sale to remember Prince. I have something in mind for them! Busy busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been known to preshrink charm squares... ugh. Some shrank like crazy and made it difficult to finish the project. Someday I must sneak a peak at Spoonflower.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.