Thursday, February 16, 2017

New idea for mod improv class

Recently I bought solid neutral strips from Craftsy because I liked how they looked. They are shades of grays and browns so I thought maybe I could use them for a quilt for lesson 3. One of the potential design ideas is vertical pieced strips separated by plain strips. E calls it bamboo!  Again the point is to get the pieces to float on the background.

So I drew out a design on my iPad in these neutral colors and black. I think this will be a pretty big wall hanging size if I decide to make it.
Linking to Nina-Marie at http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

What do you think? Thanks for reading.



4 comments:

  1. Oh! I like that very much! I've yet to read/work on this lesson...and your piece inspires me to get moving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was drawn to your work immediately. The simple palette and design, plus the tension from offsetting the squares in the strips. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has interesting motion. How will you be quilting it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the addition of the grey to the other neutrals. I don't think I would have thought of that. It's a good design - variety in thin and thick rectangles and keeps the eye moving well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.