Friday, June 1, 2018

Good news

Well May has been the month of good news. As you know from several blogs back I entered 3 of my quilts in a juried exhibition of the central Pennsylvania arts festival. Here is that blog.

Yesterday was the decision day. One of my pieces made it in!! It was not the one I would have thought it would have been. I would have thought it would have been the wind turbines. But, I'm in! I never entered anything before and this feels great. Here's the piece they accepted. It is Starry Scary Night. Of course I got the rejection letter for the other 2 pieces. Apparently they accepted only 36 pieces out of 264 entered. That astounds me. The art works will be on display the entire month of July. The reception on July 12 should be really fun.

Starry Scary Night

The other good news is I recently joined the artist directory for the Bellefonte art museum, a local art museum. I was invited by the museum to exhibit my quilts in January 2019.  They are interested in my energy series, my pixel series, and my architectural series. How exciting is that? You can see the series by clicking on the tabs at the top of my blog. Holy cow! 

Now as if that's not enough I signed up to teach an Olli class on making an art quilt from a photo. I submitted the course proposal 2 weeks ago. I hear it will be accepted and will run either in the fall or next spring. 

So things got really "crazy" really fast!

Linking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading.
Chris

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! That is all awesome news........and well deserved, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice when it all comes together! I love Starry Scary Night: the reference to past amid the present, the ominous feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! That's a powerful piece; I'm sure that's why it caught the juror(s)' eye(s). :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.