Sunday, August 19, 2018

Quilts=Art=Quilts (Schweinfurth Art Center)

On a lark about a month ago I decided to enter my canal house quilt ("When the Dark Night Seems Endless") in this juried art quilt exhibit. I received my letter saying that it was accepted! There were 266 entries and 73 were accepted. Now I have to decide if I will actually participate. I have never sent a valuable quilt before and have all the typical anxieties about it. The art center is about 160 miles from where we live so it could be dropped off and picked up. What to do? What to do?

Just got back from Prague so my brain is a bit foggy....and I am overwhelmed! Have you sent a quilt to a show before?

Thanks for reading.
Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/
Chris





6 comments:

  1. CONGRATULATIONS! Your acceptance is so well deserved. I love that quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG Jumping up and down excited for you!!!! So deserving. Yes, I have shipped off many a quilt to all parts of the U.S. and there has never been a time when I didn't have a sinking feeling as I handed it over to the shipper. But I've never had a bad experience, quilts always got to their destination and home again unscathed. And now you can track every move and if it gets stuck do something about it immediately. Some shows designate which shipping company to use but unless told otherwise, I used UPS which is so reliable. I actually think these days USPS is just as reliable and usually less expensive. One piece of advice I ran across suggested choosing your ship date so that your package doesn't end up sitting in a warehouse over the weekend when there is more chance of a problem occurring.

    But yes, you must do this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Your quilt is really fabulous, love the colors and your quilting! A great perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do love this quilt and I'm not surprised that it was accepted. The Idaho Beauty said pretty much everything that I was going to say. I have shipped quilts all over the country and have never had a problem. I have an account with FedEx and that makes the shipping and return shipping so easy. Your quilt deserves to be seen by an appreciative audience and this show will do that.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, yes! Send it in. I hand delivered an art quilt to the CA State Fair and won honorable mention. It was so much fun. I am already planning my next year's submission.

    ReplyDelete
  6. merveilleuse nouvelle pour ce magnifique quilt bravo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.