Friday, September 21, 2018

Some progress....I need a lot more fabric!!!!!

I finally got motivated to start the circle pixel quilt. First thing I found out is that I did not order enough fabric. Most of my fabrics look like Swiss cheese right now! I did not take into account that these pieces would have to be fussy cut when ordering fabric.

Fussy cut fabric.

I have started a few parts of the quilt...near the top and near the bottom. I have ordered more of the fabrics I already have and then I found an ombré fabric from craftsy that I don't have. So now I wait for fabrics to arrive before I can move further along on this quilt. My machine went in for a tuneup so I can't even sew things together even if I wanted to.

The top of the design....the colors are off. My design wall looks yellow.
The upper right side of the design

The bottom of the design...more accurate colors. I think the ombré fabrics are working for this. What do you think?

The bottom of the design

While I wait for more fabrics to arrive I think I will trace the layout of the design on a piece of muslin and hang that on my design wall. I am having a hard time laying this out to see how it look since the pieces are not at the usual angles we deal with as quilters. I think that will help me lay it out. 

I think I need to lay out a lot more pieces to really see how this is going. Hopefully the fabrics will arrive next week. One thing for sure is that I have a long way to go!

Linking to Nina-Marie. She is discussing cleaning out the sewing room this week. I think I need to clear out fabrics I will never use and books so maybe this will motivate me!

Thanks for reading.
Chris

 

2 comments:

  1. I love these fabrics and I love where you're going. The illusions are so fun! I can't wait to see how this develops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What do I think? I think this is so exciting! Using ombre fabric is a stroke of genius. :-) I do think having a copy of the overall pattern up on your design wall will be a great help. This is a complicated design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.