Sunday, October 28, 2018

All steam (or stitch) ahead!

"Light in Darkness" 36 in by 36 in
Here's the feedback from EB (Elizabeth Barton) on my quilt. EB: I’m back in New York for a couple of days and have a decent signal here so can see the piece correctly and I think it looks just right!! You got it!!!  A nice balance, very interesting...love the play of light..and the illusions created by it...the Sense of lost and found...you’ve done an amazing job...
So stitch away!!  I’ll go back to your previous post with the other image....very well done...I love it!  E 






 Here's the other design. This is the quilt that I will work on next. She suggested that I rotate the image and shift the dark parts to the bottom. Also to simplify things and make sure I have some negative space for the eye to rest.
















Here is the image rotated 90 degrees and it does seem to be better. What do you think? I know this will be a challenge, but I am mentally ready for it!

Thanks for reading. I am busy making a birthday cake for my husband today so I probably won't get to do any sewing.

Besides I'm still basking in the praise from EB!!!!!

Chris






2 comments:

  1. Light into Darkness is looking great! I do prefer the rotated version of the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would agree. No more fiddling - it looks great. On to the stitching!

    As for the next one, try one more 90 degree rotation. It moves the narrow pieces back to vertical and still keeps the biggest section of mostly square dark at the bottom. Like you need one more option to choose from - lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.