Friday, October 26, 2018

Am I finally there?

Boy this last circle on this design has been quite a challenge. The lower right circle was not in the original composition that I started with. This design started as a pixelated image of a photo that I turned into gray scale and put into a fragment app on my iPad. This happened while playing around watching TV.

So you might ask what was so hard about drawing a circle? Nothing if it is a perfect circle. These circles are not even close to being perfect circles. So I had to try to draw an oval shaped circle. I kept looking at it and I think it was too oval. I kept cutting off the sides and I think it is better now. It is still oval, but looks more circular than before. It bothered me so I had to change it. I am teaching a class on making an art quilt from a photo in April 2019 and one of the things I tell them is to change anything that bothers you. If it bothers you now it will bother you once the quilt is done.

I also moved the smallest circle down and near the center since it was looking like the circles were only on the right side and left side of the quilt. Something had to move toward the center. I will sew the circles down next week once I get the final feedback from EB (Elizabeth Barton), my teacher. She has been away. Any thoughts????

"Light in Darkness" 36 in by 36 in

Well then it will be time to think about my next project. It will be another pixel quilt design. I have pulled Cherrywood purple fabrics to make it. This design is also original. It is created by layering a pixel image with an abstract image. Both of them I created. It will be a challenge. The values will be extremely important. This is almost like doing one of those transparency quilts.



The Cherrywood fabrics (I might need some white)
Linking to Nina-Marie. Thanks for reading.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Love the circles.....now you have me thinking. What app do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on persevering with such a complex project. Just keeping tabs of the fabric gradations alone must have been challenging. I second your comment about "if it bothers you now..." Too bad I ignored such helpful advice for so many years. I'll look forward to EB's comments. She was very helpful to me when I took her master class.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.