Tuesday, October 23, 2018

I did not realize....

I post things assuming that people have been following me for a while and know what I am talking about. I mention EB a lot assuming that people know who she is. Also I post a design that I am working on and assume that people know that it is an original design.  I just found out this weekend that people don't know EB and that I am not working from a commercial pattern. Wow how could I be that clueless????

First off EB is Elizabeth Barton, a great art quilter and teacher. Here is her blog.  I first found out about her when she ran a class at Quilt University. Remember Quilt University? I took a lot of classes there. I took everything EB taught there which included Inspired to Design, Working in a Series, and Dyeing to Design. Now she teaches at Academy of Quilting. I have taken a few classes with her there as well.These include Abstract Art for Quilt Makers and Mod Improv.  The abstract art class is where my pixel series originated. You can see those quilts under the tab at the top of my blog.

Along the way EB ran her own year long master class. I took it the first time it was offered in 2014. Each month we got a lesson and had to make a quilt. This is where my energy/environmental series started. You can see the link on one of the tabs at the top of my blog. Well this year she offered an independent study master class which I am currently taking. I have improved a lot since 2014. This year I have 3 finished quilts and am working on finishing the 4th. I will probably make one more quilt this year. So 5 art quilts in a year is pretty good. Some of these quilts have been on the back burner for years. That's one of the reasons I took the year long class. I wanted to finally get motivated to make these quilts. Here they are in the order in which they were made. All of them are original designs.

"Evolution?"     

"When the Dark Night Seems Endless"

"Taking its Toll"

Currently  I am working on finishing my circle pixel quilt. Again this is an original design.

"Light in Darkness" (tentative title)

I think I will take on the very difficult pixel quilt as the last quilt for the year. I think I came up with this design in EB's Abstract Art for Quilt Makers class. I am going to draw it out and simplify it to see where it goes.


Thanks for reading.

Chris



1 comment:

  1. I was the guilty one who asked about EB. I have since been to her website and can see why you were inspired. Your last pixel quilt looks very intimidating. I wouldn't even know where to start to get that transparent effect. I'm sure you will work it out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.