Friday, June 14, 2019

"Light in Darkness" is in!!!

"Light in Darkness" 35 in by 35 in
My circle quilt was accepted into the AQS quilt show in Grand Rapids, Michigan from August 21-24, 2019. So now I am 4 for 4 in terms of entries and acceptances. That just blows me away. I never entered anything in an AQS show before. We plan on going to the show in Michigan while visiting my sister who lives there. How much fun will that be?











Here is a close up image of the quilt. This is an original design. This actually started with a photo of sunlight coming into a forest. This photo was pixelated, turned into a gray scale image, and then taken into an iPad app called Fragment to get the circle pattern. It was basically a lot of playing to get the idea for this quilt.






I keep trying to get a good image of my Charles Bridge quilt. Here it is on my design wall. This is pretty close to reality. The orientation of the bridge makes this a morning image so the title will be "Dawn on Charles Bridge." It will be about 36 in by 36 in after it is quilted.

Thanks for reading.

Linking to Nina-Marie.

Chris

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations! It is a fabulous quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting into the AQS show! Your quilt is fabulous. Your color/fabric choices really make it sing and the piecing is perfect. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah!!! Well deserved admission into the world of AQS. Maybe we'll see this quilt in the magazine as one of the winners. Loving the St Charles Bridge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these quilts are truly spectacular! I’m not at all surprised by your AQS acceptances. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations. Your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.