Friday, July 26, 2019

Now for something completely different

Yes I am still working on quilting my Charles Bridge quilt. At this point I still have to quilt the sky, the bridge, and the statues. So the end is near!

Last week I took a class on making herbal vinegar. It was a lot of fun and teacher was great. I made 3 bottles of vinegar that I will be able to use in about a week. When you take off the cork and smell the vinegar you can smell all the herbs...basil, oregano, dill, garlic, peppercorns, nasturtium flowers, some cilantro, some hot peppers. I will use it to make slaw, salads, and add to roasted veggies.

I was looking through an old sketch book and found this page. It was an exercise I did in a class given by Weeks Ringle at a quilt shop in NJ. We picked a photo of a painting and then had to pick fabrics that matched the colors and values in the painting. The painting is one by Turner called the "Slave Ship." It was amazing how many fabrics I had to choose. I guess this exercise helps you pick fabrics for your own quilt.

Linking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.