Friday, September 27, 2019

Does it ever end?

This Halloween quilt seems to be taking forever to quilt and has proven to be quite the wrestling match since it is fairly large. It makes me wish I had a long arm machine. I'm sure it they are not problem free either, but for large projects it seems like they would be wonderful. I doubt my body would hurt as much as it does right now.
















"Light in Darkness" up close
I have to ship my circle quilt to Quilts=Art=Quilts at the Schweinfurth Art Center today. I guess I should say goodbye to it since I did put a price on it to sell it. So it might not come back to me. Although I doubt it will sell, but you never know....










I forgot to mention that I signed up to take a class at Quilting by the Lake next year. I am taking a class with Denise Labadie. For those that know me they can see why I chose to take a class with her. I just now have to find a photo to work with. So I will be looking through our Ireland and Scotland photos. Or maybe even Paris or Prague ones. I want to make a pretty large quilt. Maybe by then I will have a long arm machine!!!!

Linking to Nina-Marie.

Thanks for reading.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. Yes it is often difficult to quilt a large quilt with a domestic machine. But stand up long arms have a learning curve. Have you thought of a sit down long arm? You can probably try out all the major brands at the Lancaster show next February... (Yep I can be a bit of an enabler!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is still cheaper to send your quilt to a longarmer than buying the machine. I too tire easily trying to quilt on a domestic machine. It is hard on my wrists and back.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.