Friday, September 18, 2020

Will I ever be able to not over analyze a quilt decision?

I finally have the fabrics in front of the haunted mansion in place. I have tried all kinds of things and after struggling for a week I  said to myself, "enough is enough." Most of this area is going to be covered with the wall, gate and jack o lanterns. So I am spending too much time worrying about what fabrics I use. 

The fabric right below the mansion is actually a night time sky fabric. I thought it was perfect when I chose it and then began to think it was not the right fabric. I tried several others and came back to it. Should have gone with my first instinct. 

Now I have to decide if I am going to tackle the wall or do something fun like the jack o lanterns. I have the fabrics picked for the wall so I guess that's what I will work on next. 

Linking to Nina-Marie. 
Thanks for reading. And yes that is a witch by the moon.....
Chris




2 comments:

  1. I think this is looking just amazing..lovely work...Looking forward to seeing your additions...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is looking great! I really like the witch - visible, but subtle. I often find myself dithering about slight differences between fabrics - and often go back to my first choice. Looking forward to seeing the fence and other foreground features.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.