Friday, September 4, 2020

Thinking out loud

I am rethinking the middle ground in the quilt. I don't think there is enough of a contrast between the haunted mansion/castle and the rocky hill that it sits on. 
 So I had a couple of ideas on dealing with it.

First idea....just introduce a lighter piece below the mansion. This I have drawn out below. This is certainly the simplest solution.
Second idea...switch out the middle ground piece below the mansion down to the gate opening. It is sketched below. The shades of blue are not correct, but just the general idea. This solution would depend on having a piece big enough for the middle ground. I suppose I may try out the first and simplest one first to see how it looks.
I have been trying to work out the wall and gate. It is important to get the perspective correct. I'm not there yet so I have more work to do.

Wall with an iron fence above the wall. The perspective is a bit off.

Wall with no iron fence above the wall. This was sketched out on my iPad.

Linking to Nina-Marie. 
Thanks for reading. 
Chris

1 comment:

  1. this is a tough one...I do like the different shades of blues...like shadows...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.