Friday, March 5, 2021

New project or avoiding the Halloween quilt!

I am taking a class on creating art from single use plastics with Natalya Khorover. I've been saving the bags for years. 

This is what I am working on. It is from a photo we took of an abandoned cement works where we used to live in NJ.


Here are my sketches. We already had one zoom class yesterday. We have one today and tomorrow. I'm already behind. I work very slowly and deliberately. I think that's because of my over analysis. Eventually I will get there. 
 
Thanks for reading. Linking to Nina-Marie.
Chris

1 comment:

  1. Yup, I perceive some procrastination going on here, or as I recognize in myself with a laugh, interesting how something low on my priority list jumps to the top when I find myself struggling with a current project I don't want to face!

    Still, I'm kinda excited by this new challenge of yours and very much like the photo you have chosen to work from. Photos with this perspective of standing on the ground looking up at the top of a building have always appealed to me. How you will be incorporating the bags will be interesting to watch.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.