Tuesday, February 23, 2021

The secret project revealed

Well my friend's birthday is today and I gave her the gifts I've been working on since the beginning of the year. 

First she loves Christmas. So I went with that as my theme. Second she is obsessed with Outlander. So how about some Outlander ornaments? 

I made a primitive Santa.
 
I made Claire and Jamie ornaments to hang on her tree. They are about 6 inches tall. My husband carved the dirk out of a skewer. The pin on Jamie's shoulder is an earring. I've made a lot of ornaments over the past 30 years, but found these to be a real challenge. The hair was the hardest part since they both have curly hair I had to make curly yarn. Jamie was by far the hardest due to all the clothing he has on from the kilt, to the shirt, to the vest, to the belts, to the boots. The buttons on the vest and jacket are seed beads. The belt buckles are buttons. Claire's shawl is made from an old knit hat. Like I said this was definitely a challenge.
By the way she love all of the gifts.

Thanks for reading. Now to clean up the disaster in my sewing room and finish working on 2 more primitive Santas and then the Halloween quilt.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. Oh we are in the midst of watching Outlander on Netflix--you did a beautiful job on the ornaments--they are so detailed--lovely work!!

    [We just finished watching the "Wedding" episode (I will admit a bit "over the top" but pretty true to the book*:-000) . ]

    She must have been thrilled to bits with her presents...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your friend will be beyond thrilled with the Outlander ornaments. I think you really nailed the characters.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.