Wednesday, February 17, 2021

Still thinking

I'm nearing the end of my secret project. Soon I will have to resolve the Halloween quilt.

I read Idaho beauty's comment on my last blog. She said the house needs a fancier fence than what I sketched in my last blog. She even sent me some links to curved fences. One was an especially fancy wrought iron fence.

I'm now thinking of something like this.

 I am seriously thinking of getting rid of the cement fence posts to eliminate the confusion about the perspective. Why not make my life easier? Also I'm thinking of eliminating the gate because I do not think it's really needed and again contributes to the perspective confusion. The gate was pretty fancy so I'm thinking maybe a fancier fence is called for.

Any thoughts?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with all of the suggestions to simplify the piece. It is strong already and I love the lines!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simplifying, yes...but the fancier fence doesn't do that; it's lovely but ornate and looks "new"...whereas I was thinking you were going for the 'derelect old mansion' look. I'd stick with a fence that looks rusty and bent and worn by age and the weather...Just a thought...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naturally, I agree with the the look of the new fence - love it and am glad the photos were of some help. And getting rid of a few details like the cement posts and gate if it will make your life easier? Thumbs up on that one too. I think making it easier on yourself is going to translate into making a stronger, less confusing design. Can't say I agree with Margaret. The castle in the background has never struck me as a derelict old mansion which is why I previously discouraged a simpler, more derelict fence in front of it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.