Friday, August 13, 2021

I was interviewed

Acrylic painting of the Trifid Nebula, a gas cloud in space that’s 5200 light years away. It’s a place where new stars have formed.

I completed a video interview with Liana Voia for Multiple Arts this week about my art quilting.  You can see the interview here if you are interested.


It includes photos of my work from the beginning of my quilting journey as well as some of the paintings I did before I even got hooked on quilting. The photos also include images of my husband, daughter, my parents, and several friends. The interview is pretty long at 50 minutes. It came out much better than I was expecting.

The video also shows my one and only successful water color painting.

Water color of flowers and tea pot

I mention several artists that I love in the video.

Elizabeth Barton who I have taken lots of classes from including 2 master classes.
Here is a link to her blog. 

Natalya Khorover who I've also taken many classes from. Recent classes would include the creation of a plastic piece of cement works which is shown in the interview as well as my Boston collage piece that I am currently working on.
Here's a link to her website. 

Denise Labadie who I was supposed to take a class from last year at the quilting by the lake venue until Covid hit. She makes wonderful quilts of old stone ruins. 
Here's her website.

Ian Barry who makes astounding quilts from jeans. I saw his work at the Paducah quilt show in 2018. Here's a link to his work.
I am away for a few days so I was able to take a much needed break from the Boston quilt!

Thanks for reading.
Linking to Nina-Marie 

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Ooo exciting! Thanks for mentioning its length. I have bookmarked it for when I have that much time to devote to it. Am looking forward to finding out even more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dipped into your interview this morning. Excellent job. Fun to see the progression of your work.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.