Friday, August 20, 2021

Very little progress this week

I managed to get the full scale photo of the brownstones that fall directly below the skyscrapers on the right printed out. You can see how large this set of buildings will be and all the detail they will have.

 
I also had to draw in features that are hidden in the image behind the tree. Also I decided to simplify the tops of some of the buildings.


I’ve chosen the base color for these buildings. I will be adding dark and light features on top of this medium shade of purple. Plus it was one of the few pieces that I had that was large enough! This is a tricky business finding a fabric that reads darker than the buildings above, but will be lighter than the buildings below.   Of course the other fabrics that I add to the brownstones will affect that as well. Today I will finalize that choice since now that I’ve seen the photo I am second guessing my choice. Will go through my stash to see if anything else has potential.



Linking to Nina-Marie. 
Thanks for reading.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.