Wednesday, May 24, 2023

I’m in!!!!

I just saw on my entry into the Images art show that one of my pieces was accepted. The official announcement comes on June 1 so I was surprised to see that last night a piece got in.  This is a big art show in central Pa in July. It’s all kinds of 2-D art from painting to photos to mixed media. It also includes fiber, but mainly all the more traditional forms of art. 

Here’s my entry. They make you downsize the photos so the quality is not great.


Here’s some better photos of “Pittsburgh in the Snow 2: Cathedral.”



I doubt that I will win anything. There are very few prizes and I don’t qualify for most of them…..best in show, best photo, best pastel, best student submission. Those don’t seem likely. That leaves about 4 prizes and about 50 entries. I was really thrilled to get in. You are never guaranteed with fiber art to get in to this show. This it the 4th time I’ve entered and I’ve gotten in every time. So that in itself is fantastic. I’ve gotten in competing against all those traditional forms of art….GO GIRL!!!!! I will need to fire off a email to Natalya about getting in with this piece. 

I’m still stitching away on my Boston quilt. I’m nearly at the point when I can add the long Brownstones on the left side back to the quilt. It’s been stressful stitching these many pieces down. My machine was really acting up. It was skipping stitches during the zig zag. It would do the zig, but not the zag. I yelled at the machine and changed needles, but that did not help. Even cleaning the machine did not help. Eventually I began to question whether it was the Superior invisible thread. I changed to some YLI invisible that I had and the problem went away. So apparently my machine does not like the Superior invisible thread. 

Linking to Nina-Marie. https://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. Cheers! It's always a delight to have quilt art accepted in art shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clapping enthusiastically here, congrats on getting in to the show. Re: machine woes, my beloved Janome died in a class. I was zig zagging, as are you, and it just petering into a straight stitch. None of the fancy stitches at all, only straight stitch. The class was a bust for me as zzing was required. I kept the machine for years but never used it, finally took it, just recently, to the electronics grave yard. I think the mother board was toast and I talked to my repair guy and he said it wasn't fixable.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.