Thursday, June 1, 2023

Love, hate, and avoidance

 


This has been a week where I’ve been avoiding working on my Boston quilt. At this point all I have left to add to the quilt top are the long brownstones on the left side of the quilt. Yesterday I finally lined up the pieces for these 2 brownstones on top of the pattern as you can see in this photo. You can also see my abstract “Light in Darkness” and a smidge of the quilt of my parents house. 

The brownstones are longer than my cutting table which is 60 inches long. That certainly doesn’t make it any easier. 


I’ve spent time this week thinking about how I want to tackle this section. I think I will iron all the pieces together as a unit and then iron it to the quilt top. The debate in my mind is whether I should hang the rest of the quilt back up on the design wall or just use the last 2 photos I took of the quilt and the pattern to position the brownstones. Well maybe I’ll get the pieces fused together today. 

The last 2 photos are below.



One minute I love this quilt and the next I hate it. It’s been going on too long. It’s coming up on 2 years since I started it.  This is certainly not the longest I’ve ever worked on a quilt. A few come to mind. A hand quilted double wedding ring, the isle of Skye quilt. They both took longer than 2 years, but I was working at the time. What can possibly be my excuse now? Do you ever have a love/hate relationship with a quilt?

On a different note I received the official email saying my Pittsburgh piece got into the Images fine art show. Here’s what it said:

Hello Christine,

10116.503462.1915045 Pittsburgh in the Snow 2: Cathedral, price: NFS 

Congratulations! Your piece listed above has been selected by our juror James Farrah for Images 2023, the juried fine art exhibition of the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts. James selected 51 works from the 374 submitted for inclusion in this prestigious show. 

Images 2023 will hang in Schlow Centre Region Library from July 1 to July 31. The library is right in the heart of what becomes the Central Pennsylvania Festival of the Arts from July 12 to July 16. 

The acceptance rate was even less than last year. I’m so happy to have been juried in. 51/374 is only 1/7 or 14 % acceptance. That’s incredible to be in that group.



Linking to Nina-Marie. https://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/
Thanks for reading. 
Chris


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the Boston quilt! Keep going! Congratulations on the acceptance!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.