Friday, December 15, 2023

It was a lot of handmade gifts this year

I finished the vellum quilt of my daughters house. I’m just waiting for the mat and frame to arrive today. I tried to do the siding lines with embroidery floss, but it just looked weird so I decided to machine stitch them. It’s not a great idea to do machine stitching after hand stitching. It was not the best way to do that for sure, but I got it done. I do want to initial it with my initials as well as my dads initials since it was done on a drawing vellum of a house he designed. That’s all the words and numbers that you can see.


My girlfriend loved the Penn State gnome that I made for her. It’s pretty darn cute. It’s now hanging out with the the Christmas gnome that I made for her earlier this year.



The other handmade gifts were for my daughter and her fiancé. There’s the nuthatch ornament, the owl ornaments, the embroidered beret, and the witch gnome complete with pumpkins and tiny mice. It was a busy year! I still have to make a catnip mouse for our kitty.




Thanks for reading.
Chris



1 comment:

  1. Lots to smile about here. I can see what you mean about the stitching along the siding lines - the machine stitching does look good and you managed to avoid stitching over any of the hand done thread. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.