Friday, February 16, 2024

Let the struggles begin

I’m done with the tree foliage and now need to move on to creating the foliage texture in the foreground. As you can see from the inspiration photo there is lots of green stuff in this forest.


 So I’ve auditioned a few ideas, but don’t know which way to go.

I’ve tried cutting fern like stuff. It’s both tedious as well as it has me worrying how they will,be able to be stitched down with all those sharp points. So far I’ve only cut a few. I would need at least 100.


Then I thought about small blobs to create the texture. Again I’ve only cut a few. This is easier for sure and will be easier to stitch in place.


Then I tied a combo. I don’t think I like that. It makes the blobs look like rocks.


Of course this whole thing has to be painted dark blue and a lot of the shapes will disappear and just be texture. I painted this out on my iPad so you could see what I have in mind.


Any thoughts? 
Thanks for reading.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. While I like the look of the cut ferns, they might dominate in a way you wouldn't want. The "blobs" I'd think could be easily sharpened up with stitching. I like the way the ones in the trees representing branches and foliage look. And then maybe you don't need the ferns added as fabric anyway, representing them in stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not liking the blobs, I don't know what they are. Maybe take some details out of the ferns and make them a bit more blob like but tall like the ferns you have.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.