Friday, February 23, 2024

What a week

I have yet to figure out why I make this process so hard for myself. I decided that my idea for my recycle piece was not working. The ghostly figures just looked weird and it was kinda copying from the exhibit where I took the photo. So I’ve abandoned that idea. 

So now what??? I’ve decided to do a forest at night with some moonlight coming in and add stars floating in the forest. I don’t think I will add any ghostly figures, but I can always decide that later.

I did get trees sewn down. This whole process would have been easier if the jeans I had from my husband were different values. Unfortunately they are basically stone washed jeans and all pretty light in value. 


I did try painting pieces of jean fabric this week with what I thought was going to be my color scheme. I’ve now decided that since the jeans are basically a blue gray I should stick with a blue gray palette instead of a royal blue palette. I was going to make the moonlight on the left hand side, but seeing how light the jeans are on the right side it might make more sense to do that on the right side.

Painted denim

Gray blue color palette

I really went off the rails this week which usually happens when I’m struggling. I was even going to do a snow scene and add our different cats to it. Yikes! This is the image drawn on my iPad. One good thing is this inspired me to do blue gray instead of royal blue. 


So today I will try some samples of painting denim with blue gray shades and then hopefully get brave enough to paint the actual piece. This would have been easier if my husband had had some dark jeans!

Plus had I known I was going to abandon my original idea I would have made a cityscape instead of a forest scene. Oh well too late now!

Thanks for reading.

Chris


2 comments:

  1. When things go awry always blame the husband, that's my motto too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When things appear to fail in our eyes, it often pushes us to the very edges of creativity where we learn something amazing & wonderful as we resolve the issue at hand. You'll do fine!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.