Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Working on the bottom half of the Halloween quilt

I got all the pieces stitched down on the top half of the Halloween quilt and am now working on getting the bottom half in order. I’ve started placing the larger pumpkins in position. I kinda dread all the tiny ones. I ended up using YLI monofilament thread to stitch the pieces in place on the upper piece. 

Here it is hanging over my ironing board. I’ve already ironed the larger pumpkins, the fence behind them, and the crow in place. There are 2 black cats that you might be able to spot. I’ve decided that after I get the pieces all sewn down that I’m going to go ahead and quilt it. I need to feel like I’ve finished something. 

I made another loaf of sourdough bread on Sunday. Well actually I started it last Friday night. It was really good. I just wanted a little bit more open crumb than we got.



Our daughter’s cat is doing well. He’s enjoying sleeping on their stairs.


Thanks for reading.

Chris

 

1 comment:

  1. Big chore broken down into doable parts - only way to approach a big and intricate quilt such as this. Yes, proceed directly to quilting!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.