Monday, July 22, 2024

Halloween quilt is off of the design wall

 I took the Halloween quilt off it the design wall yesterday to start working on it. One piece is on my ironing board and I ironed the pieces in place. I got out some threads to use to attach the pieces. I’m going to try a very light weight thread in a dark color instead of monofilament thread to attach the pieces. It is called Wonderfil Invisafil thread to do invisible appliqué. It is a 100 weight thread. I’m going to use Superior Bottom line in the bobbin. Most of the pieces are dark. The yellow windows and the light gray moon may require different threads.


The bottom half of the quilt is on my cutting table. All of the tiny pumpkins and fence pieces that fell off of it are temporarily attached to a sheet of my palette paper. I will have to use Roxanne’s glue baste to attach those tiny pumpkins when I’m ready to work on the bottom half. 



Thanks for reading.

Chris

2 comments:

  1. Oh Lordy - so many tiny pieces! Look forward to your review of that thread. It sounds a bit like YLI 100 silk thread which I've used for years for hand applique and once for quilting, but because I was not doing "micro" quilting, it didn't work well. Never thought to try it as a machine applique thread.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE invisafil thread. It takes on the colour of the fabric you are sewing on so really helpful on multicoloured fabrics when you don't want the quilting thread colour to dominate. Hallowe'en is right around the corner!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.