Thursday, September 26, 2024

Some progress on the Halloween bed quilt

 I cut lots of squares and started piecing the blocks. Here’s the quilt design in Electric Quilt.


Here’s what I have pieced laying out on my ironing board. The white fabric is a grunge fabric. Some of the Halloween fabrics I’ve had in my stash for a long time! 

I was not happy with the black cat silhouettes from Electric quilt so I made my own. Here are 4 of them. I’ve done 2 more, but I don’t have a photo of them to include in this blog. So after I piece the blocks I will start on the cat appliqué blocks. 






Thanks for reading.
Chris



2 comments:

  1. The cats look good! I have little if any Halloween fabric in my stash but boy do I have a lot of Christmas fabric that is very old. I do have a holiday quilt in mind that would use some of it, the idea maybe as old as some of the fabrics. I should get to it. I know how gratifying it must feel for you to be using up your Halloween fabrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully designed! Love your cats and they will look marvelous on those white blocks. Talk about a Halloween Quilt! How large will it be?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.