Saturday, October 5, 2024

A couple of things

 I finally completely finished the wreath with the crows for our daughter. It’s just been sitting around waiting for a wire to be attached to the back to hang it. We are seeing her this week so I wanted to give it to her to hang on her door for Halloween. The wreath is hanging on the door to my sewing room in the photo.


The theme for my AI class this week was pumpkin. I decided to input my Halloween quilt as a starting point. It made a really great design from my quilt. I wish I would have had this idea before I finished my quilt top for the Halloween quilt. I like the path that looks like steps. I like how the pumpkins are arranged. I like the hills in the distance. I like the creepy mansion.  Of course the AI version started with a finished top. I’m not sure how that could have helped me in at the design stage.  Oh well….too late now! Although I have thought about making some changes to my original top. You know me….always over analyzing!

Here’s my photo.


Here’s the AI version.

Thanks for reading.

Chris

1 comment:

  1. The wreath looks really good - boy do I relate to putting off that last tiny finishing bit!

    Well, you know how I feel about AI images and when I scrolled to see it pop up my first thought was how cliche the way it added the spooky trees and rooftops looking like witches hats. I can see though how you would see the path an improvement. But as you say, could you have actually gotten anything useful had you tried this at an earlier stage? I say, stay with your own ideas, pulling in bits and pieces from other inspiration, not letting AI do it for you and tempting you to stray from your own style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.