Wednesday, October 23, 2024

I’ve been working away on the king sized quilt for our daughter

 Our visit to Salem, Massachusetts 2 weeks ago was really good. She loved her crow wreath and it’s now hanging on her door.

I’ve finished piecing the piece blocks for the Halloween king quilt. There are 25 pieced blocks.


I also pieced the sashing strips that run between the rows of the quilt. There were 8 of them.


Here’s the original quilt design from Electric quilt software for reference.


I’ve started cutting out black cat silhouettes. There are a total of 24 cat blocks. I have 8 silhouettes that I will cut 3 times. I will reverse the silhouette once for each one. I have 7 cut out so far. They are fused and will be satin stitched.


Thanks for reading.

Chris

3 comments:

  1. A KING sized quilt! Wowzy. That's a lot of quilting ahead of you! Not to mention piecing (done and yet to be done!) You do love to quilt. I've made queen sized quilts, but not many. All are now pretty old, too. One has to be "retired" from use for age and wear/tear with a puppy using it when it's on our bed! A great accomplishment, in my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great progress! The cat silhouettes look good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much progress. I was looking forward to the Quilt Show quilt along for 2025. Big disapointment, too traditional for me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.