Friday, October 25, 2024

The cats are cut out

There are 8 different cats and about 7 different fabrics. Each cat was cut out 3 times because there are 24 blocks. I have to fine tune their placement on the blocks before I fuse and stitch them in place. Still a lot of work ahead.


I guess I’ll be laying this quilt out on the floor since my design wall is not large enough for a king sized quilt. I wonder what it will cost to have it quilted. I’m thinking my husband will faint when he sees that receipt!

Thanks for reading.

Linking to Nina-Marie. https://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/

Chris

2 comments:

  1. What a delightful project. I can imagine a quilting motif involving rolling balls of yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I was wondering if you planned on quilting it yourself and just how you would do it. Yeah, I imagine the bill for having someone else do it would be hefty but well worth it. On a traditional quilt like this, my go to would be straight line corner to corner quilting and stitch in the ditch with echoing around the cats but still, that would take a lot of time and effort on something that big.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.