I really like this image that I created last year.
Why it’s surreal
Indoor-Outdoor Paradox: Bare trees grow out of an indoor wooden floor.Two Climates: The left side depicts a cold, snowy, silver-blue winter night, while the right side shows a warm, golden, autumnal glow.Weird Ceiling: Instead of a normal sky or a roof a galaxy hangs directly over the pathway. When I was much younger and used to use my telescope to look at things in the night sky I once had a dream that I went outside and saw a galaxy in the sky just like the image. So I can relate to this dream like image. Floating Lights: Magical sparks float suspended in mid-air without a clear source.The Doorway: A brilliant, blinding white doorway sits at the exact center, acting as a mysterious gateway that anchors the entire impossible image.I wondered what this would look like as a quilt. AI showed me. Actually 2 versions of that. One with crows added.
I like the trees growing indoors. I like the walkway leading to that door. I like the perspective in the image. I’m not sure about the crows or at least that many crows. I do like the galaxy in the sky and there are fabrics available for that. This would certainly be a challenge to create. It would be beautiful when done. It is very dreamlike which definitely fits the theme of the show. It’s certainly one to consider.
My quilt won’t look exactly like the image. It will be my inspiration.
Another possibility tomorrow.
What do you think? Thanks for reading.
Chris
What an inspiring picture to use for your next project...I will be sure to see it come to life for you...hugs, Julierose
ReplyDelete