Saturday, September 5, 2026

Still thinking…

I did some research on what would make a crescent moon surreal and dreamlike. The suggestions were to make it too large and make any reflections unreal. So I tried those things on my image. Meanwhile I’ve decided to leave out the doorway. So it’s just the face, tree, crow, and the moon. The clouds near the open part of the crescent look strange because I think they are at a different angle than the ones below the crescent. Plus there are too many clouds and they become too dominant. When I appliquĂ© them I would use a silk organza so they are more subtle. Fewer is also a good idea. 

Here’s the new idea. The moon is too large and very thin. A few stars added near it. The reflection in the water might be too much for this moon which would make it surreal. You can see what I mean about the clouds. Julierose just commented that it’s too dark. She’s right.


Here’s a lighter version. The actual values will depend on what fabrics I use. 



I received an email yesterday acknowledging my submissions and they would be deciding what is accepted on the 15th. So nothing to be done before then. 

I will be working on my sister’s gift today again. I’m almost done.

Thanks for reading 

Chris 

1 comment:

  1. This is so very dark, Chris--very menacing.
    Just my own thoughts viewing this: --Maybe either the sky or the face a bit on the lighter side? and the crow just disappears into the sky as is....
    Frankly I liked the original version --but just my thoughts...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.