Saturday, March 14, 2009

The Mystery is a Mystery No Longer

We have now finished our mystery quilt on the Learning FA yahoo group. The mystery was written by Noel and the instructions were really well done. I had never done a mystery before and thought that it would be a fun thing to do. It was fun! Noel had us guessing pretty much the entire project.

I picked out panda fabric for the main fabric because I was going to give this to my daughter since she is crazy about pandas. In fact I bought a kit at the NJ Quilt Fest last Sunday to make her another panda quilt. That panda pattern is done by the same person that designed the dinosaur quilt that I made her when she was about 3 or 4 years old. You can see the dinosaur quilt in the slide show of my quilts or on Flickr or Webshots.

mystery

At any rate back to the mystery…. I am a little disappointed in how it came out. I wish I had picked different fabrics to go with the panda fabric, but I guess that is the point of a mystery. You read the fabric descriptions and hope for the best. I am still going to give it to my daughter for her birthday in May. It is not big enough for a lap quilt, but will make a nice table topper. I don’t think it will be good enough for a wall hanging.

I plan on doing a lot of quilting on it to jazz it up. I am hoping that will make it look better. The pink fabric is not really intense enough, but maybe with some quilting with some pink thread that is darker than the pink fabric it look a little bit better. I need to practice my free motion quilting so this quilt will give me the opportunity to do that.

Any ideas for the quilting? I won’t be quilting it until April so I have some time to think about it.

The pandas are really cute and my daughter will love them!

Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.