Sunday, March 26, 2017

Love the machine so far

I have played a bit with my new Janome 9400 since I got it on Friday. I am waiting for the insert for my Sew Perfect table (http://www.sewperfecttables.com/) to come so I can really get to work on it. It's kinda weird having it sit in the hole in the table without having the insert around it to make it flush with the table top. It is more computerized than my 6500 so there is a bit of a learning curve.
I already broke a needle because it hit the foot. I thought I had damaged the plate as well. I called the dealer and they were going to replace them for nothing. Turns out the plate was fine, but he did give me a new foot. Said I might want to take some lessons! I will if I have questions.....
It has an even feed foot which I never had before. I always had to attach a walking foot. It has the usual hopping darning foot for free motion quilting, but also has a foot that glides above the surface for free motion that does not hop. That is certainly a new sensation for me since I am used to the hopping. 

I have managed to get some pretty good free motion quilting out of it. It is a lot quieter than my 6500. The thread is isacord poly thread and a Schmetz quilting needle. Thanks for reading.

Chris





1 comment:

  1. I'm drooling over your new machine!!!! AND....so happy for you.....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.