Thursday, March 16, 2017

Thinking.....

I have been without my machine this week.....died last Friday and was in the shop. It is a Janome 6500 and I bought it back in 2004. It has sewn a lot of things in 13 years. I have been thinking about moving up to the 9400. My husband even suggested it. Got my machine back today. The problem was the clutch that controls the bobbin winder. It was stuck in the bobbin winding mode so the machine would not sew. So that was repaired and it had its yearly maintenance for all of $65.

Of course I was in the middle of quilting my broken quilt when it died. So I shifted gears and started to really think about the toxic barrel quilt.

Photo


Sketch


Pattern enlarged and printed out and taped together. The red grid lines help me line up the pieces.


Value study in which I shifted the values around from the original photo.


Colored study made on my iPad Pro with my Apple Pencil. Love this Pencil. I decided to go with a color scheme for the barrels of blue purple and blue green. The corrosion with be in yellows.


Some of my fabrics picked out.


The other thing I have been working on is to create an artistic photo image for a quilt challenge.  Here are some of my images so far. These are overlays with several layers.




Thanks for reading.

Linking to Nina-Marie at http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/ a day early since we will be in NYC for the St Patrick's day parade. My husband is a bagpiper and his band is in the parade.

 Chris










3 comments:

  1. Eh bien une semaine pleine de futurs projets, magnifique!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a treat to be able to look over your shoulder and witness your progress as you plan the toxic barrels quilt. I love how you pushed the color palette towards colors which feel safe, when the subject matter clearly is not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your machine had an easily fixed issue that costs practically nothing Sew on!

    Very much like the bottom photo overlay with the offset trees. Looks like you're back in the fog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.