Tuesday, April 30, 2019

The class is over....

The 5 week class I was teaching on making an art quilt from a photo finished this morning. It went really well. My students that had fear got over their fears and made great quilts! The class was a positive experience for them as well as me.

Two of the students finished their quilts.

Christy's Lotus. She is already planning her next art quilt.



Melanie's arch just glows!
Two of the students are still working on their tops and have to stitch the pieces down and quilt it.

Melissa's lighthouse. Look at those rocks.

Wendy's granddaughter. How about those blue eyes!

Two of the students are still getting started on theirs and I don't have any photos to post. We are going to get together in 6 weeks to celebrate their success.

I think the students did an amazing job on their first art quilts. What do you think? I hope to teach the class again in the future.

Thanks for reading. Linking to Nina-Marie.
Chris

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you AND your students. Their work shows that they got what you were teaching, and you were teaching good things. Looking forward to reunion pics when hopefully those other students will have something to show.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts . You must be a good teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on such a successful class. Each of your students have indeed overcome their reservations, and are well on their way! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.