Tuesday, February 25, 2020

The big reveal!

If you are an Outlander fan you will recognize Jamie in the quilt that I gave my friend for her birthday. I bought the Outlander fabric and cut out Jamie and incorporated him among the standing stones. The stones and the grass are Stonehenge fabrics. The sky is a new sky fabric by Jennifer Sampou. https://www.jennifersampou.com/sky.html  I bought a lot sky fabrics from fabric.com.

My friend was surprised and thrilled. Jamie was 17 inches tall so to keep things in scale the standing stones had to be pretty large. The quilt overall is very large... 31 inches wide by about 48 inches tall.  
So here are the photos...

The quilt
Jamie up close so you can see how I quilted the stones
The back of the quilt with more Outlander fabric
Small dragonfly added.
The dragonfly came with the fabric order. If you are familiar with the books you will know the significance of the dragonfly.

My friend with the quilt

Thanks for reading. Linking to Nina-Marie.
Chris

5 comments:

  1. Wow!! It's a great quilt. It looks like your friend is totally happy to have it. Such a great gift with lots of love.
    XX, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even with dimensions given, it is always helpful to see a quilt next to something to truly gauge its scale. Yup, BIG! Plus it's nice to see your friend and her obvious pleasure in receiving this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finish. I've been wanting to try the Stonehenge fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a big Outlander fan, but never knew they made fabric. Your quilt is wonderful and your friend obviously loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's my quilt and I LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.