Friday, April 10, 2020

Still working on scrap stained glass quilt

I guess it's a good time to have a project that will probably take 3 months from beginning to end.



 Here are my fabrics so far.

I am waiting for a diamond template to come from Missouri Star Quilts and thought it might be a good idea to make more fabrics while I wait.  I decided these fabrics have a lot of lights in them I needed some darks.














I found a photo of a nebula (gas cloud in space where new stars are born) that I altered years ago. This photo has a lot of my colors in it. I did however lack the dark blue purple that's in the photo. I wish I had seen this photo at the beginning of the project and used it for inspiration at the start.








So I am going to make a dark blue purple set. Here are my fabrics ready to be cut.I am thinking I might need a small set of that dark green as well. I guess I want to have lots to choose from when I lay out the quilt. The final quilt will be 60 inches wide so I will need a lot of fabric to cut into diamonds.




What are you doing during this pandemic to keep you busy? I have made 13 masks to send to family at this point.

Linking to Nina-Marie.
Thanks for reading.
Chris

2 comments:

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.