Friday, May 8, 2020

Nearly there and then a problem

I'm almost done sewing the top together. I have 2 more sashing strips to do. I went to soak the last 2 yards of the Cherrywood sashing and border fabric and found that it does not match the first 2 yards. The piece I've been using is darker. Their website says that they dye in 2 yard pieces, but if you order more than 2 yards they will come from the same dye lot. They are not even close. You can see the difference in the photos below.

I called them and I had to send a strip of what I've been using to see if they can match it better. I sure hope so. I have enough of the darker one to finish the sashing, but not enough for the borders. I could kick myself for not looking at the fabrics closely when they arrived. I just assumed that they matched. Should be interesting to see if they are able to resolve this and how long it takes.

The piece I've been using is on the bottom
Sashing strip on top of the lighter fabric

Thanks for reading.
Linking to Nina-Marie.
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.