Saturday, May 30, 2020

Pinning has begun

I've been really careful trying to make sure the sashing looks straight. I eyeball it, use a long ruler, and the laser level I got for Christmas. The sashing really stands out so I'm trying to make sure it is as straight as possible.



I decided to pin in the sashings first and then add pins to the diamonds. I figured once I got the sashing more or less straight I would want to keep it that way. That's why I have begun anchoring the quilt there. I think if I just pinned in the blocks the sashing should shift a bit while quilting and destroy all my hard work. I will quilt in the ditch next to the sashing first. I think I will quilt in purple thread since it goes with most of the fabrics.

Thanks for reading.
Stay safe. I don't know about you, but my hair is out of control!
Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.