Monday, May 18, 2020

Thank goodness.....

The top is finally sewn for this scrap quilt. It has been nearly a 3 month journey. I will never make a diamond quilt again. Things are not as square as I am used to. Borders do not lay as flat as I would like them to. And yes I measured the center of the quilt and cut the borders that length. Hopefully after quilting and blocking I will be happier. I don't want to make a geometric quilt for a long time!

I’ve been soaking my backing fabric for days and the dyes are still coming out. I made the mistake of buying a batik at Joann’s fabrics. I called them and they basically told me there was nothing they could do about it. So now I have 7 yards of backing fabric that bleeds.
Thanks for reading.
Chris
Linking to Nina-Marie. http://ninamariesayre.blogspot.com/


6 comments:

  1. Well, you did a lovely piece of work on this...
    very pretty ~ ~ ~ waving under gray skies Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing you got THAT out of your system - lol. Yes, you will be able to nudge it around when you layer it but it may never be the perfect flatly hanging quilt you are used to. Just enjoy its beauty. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's gorgeous and other four sided things are shapes too, no need for everything to be square ;-) (or squared up)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! You are a braver soul than I...but I must say your hard work was worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh dear, so much frustration but it really is pretty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you try soaking your fabric in a vinegar solution? There is also a product called Retaine. Not sure of the spelling)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.