Friday, June 26, 2020

From beginning to end

After nearly 4 months the stained glass scrap quilt it finally finished and hanging in the stairwell. I must say it was a long journey. It's a journey that I'm glad is over.  The photos below will give you some idea of how long and complicated it was.


















Sewing strips....lots of strips. It felt like thousands of strips. 1 3/4 inch strips.

One of the fabrics created from the first sewing of strips.
Cutting these fabrics up again into strips at a 45 degree angle and sewing them back together again.
Cutting these fabrics into diamonds.

Arranging the diamonds and adding  3/4 inch sashing.
Adding borders and quilting and blocking.
Binding and adding sleeves and hanging. Hard getting a good photo in the stairwell.


A finished quilt....never again!!!!!!
Stained glass quilt that still needs a title! 70 inches wide.

Now to figure out a title. I don't know if I am just worn out, but getting a title for this one has proven to be harder than normal.

I have been searching song lyrics trying to find some ideas....
  • Daylight or sunlight through a stained glass window.
  • On a bright May morning.
  • Morning has broken.
  • Colorful lights
  • Queen of Diamonds
  • Diamonds are not a girl’s best friend

Any thoughts???

Thanks for reading. Linking to Nina-Marie.
Chris

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, it looks so beautiful in your stairwell. And I enjoyed being reminded of the many steps that got you to the finish line. I chuckled at the idea of naming it "Diamonds are not a girl’s best friend" - very appropriate in this case! I still like my thought of "Shimmering Lights".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diamonds are not a girl’s best friend, c'est tout a fait appropriĆ©:)))

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.