Friday, August 14, 2020

Finally working on something

I was mentally worn out between the pandemic and finishing my last quilt and have not done much since then. I finally settled on a Halloween theme. I have sketched out my idea and have picked out some fabrics. This will be a nighttime quilt and will be about 30 inches by 40 inches. The moon will have its traditional witch in front of it. The round things going off into the distance toward the scary house are illuminated jack-o-lanterns. Once I enlarge the sketch I will figure out how I'm going to deal with them. There will be some lighted windows in the house as well. 

This should keep me busy for a while. My husband joked the other day that there was a sewing room sighting. I have been missing from that room for over a month.

Linking to Nina Marie. 
Thanks for reading and checking on me.
Chris




3 comments:

  1. Lovely sketch for your quilt..I like anything with moons ;)))
    Hugs from afar-- Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your husband's comment. I too have been sighted in my sewing room this week after a bit of break, although I don't seem to be making very quick progress. Interesting that you are planning another night scene. Your past ones have turned out well so I'm sure this one will too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The design for this quilt is so imaginative with just the right note of spookiness. Looking forward to watching it develop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting on my blog. I am always thrilled when someone takes the time to comment.